December: A Month of Multicultural Celebrations
Does your family celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, or Three Kings Day? Maybe you celebrate St. Lucia Day. Chances are either your family, neighbors or friends celebrate more than one of those events. Whether that is the case or not, December offers great opportunities for learning about our multicultural world!
- Saint Nicholas Day (Christian)
- Fiesta of Our Lady of Guadalupe (Mexican)
- Lucia Day (Swedish)
- Hanukkah (Jewish)
- Christmas Day (Christian)
- Three Kings Day/Epiphany (Christian)
- Boxing Day (Australian, Canadian, English, Irish)
- Kwanzaa (African American)
- Omisoka (Japanese)
- Yule (Pagan)
- Saturnalia (Pagan)
People all over the world participate with festivals and celebrations to share their unique traditions and holidays with loved ones. Learning about other cultures, especially for children, is a wonderful way to establish an awareness, appreciation and acceptance of our differences. Celebration Pediatrics wishes all of our patients and their families a joyous and safe 2019 holiday season!!