Complications from flu among children can include:
- Pneumonia: an illness where the lungs get infected and inflamed
- Dehydration: when a child’s body loses too much water and salts, often because fluid losses are greater than from fluid intake
- Worsening of long-term medical problems like heart disease or asthma
- Brain dysfunction such as encephalopathy
- Sinus problems and ear infections
- In rare cases, flu complications can lead to death
Be sure to schedule your child’s flu shot before they encounter the virus.
To schedule your child’s flu shot today, give us a call at 407.566.9700.