REPORTS TO: Office Manager
Job Class: Non-Exempt
SUMMARY: Serves as patient liaison and initial contact for all patients visiting office.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers, screens, and directs calls on multi-line phone system; takes detailed messages and/or forwards telephone calls to appropriate practitioner, voice mail
- Meet and greets patients; announces, directs, and/or escorts to appropriate area
- Schedules patient appointments
- Inputs patient demographic information in computer system
- Ensure all insurance information is accurate
- Responsible for patient flow
- Totaling all applicable charges for patient visits
- Collecting copay and or deductible/co-insurance
- Collecting any outstanding balances
- Composes and types routine correspondence as required.
- Performs general clerical duties including but not limited to filing, photocopying, faxing, and mailing as required.
- Balancing out cash/checks and credit cards at the end of the day
- Performs check in and check out for all patients
- Keeps reception area organized.
- Demonstrates a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- High School diploma, two to four years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Strong organizational skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
- Must be able to speak, read, write, and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Knowledge of medical terminology helpful
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Bilingual skills a plus.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Organizational Support--Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing--Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism--Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality--Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity--Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security--Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability--Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality--Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time
- Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative--Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Frequently required to stand
- Frequently required to walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read
technical information, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items less than 25 pounds/ up to 25 pounds/ up to 50 pounds/ more than 50 pounds
Continually exposed to blood-borne and airborne pathogens or infectious materials
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.