Celebration Pediatrics - Certificate of Recognition
Celebration Pediatrics, at its office in Celebration Florida, has been awarded Recognition by the National Committee for Quality Assurance Patient-Centered Medical Home Program.
“NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition raises the bar in defining high-quality care by emphasizing access, health information technology and coordinated care focused on patients,” said NCQA President Margaret E. O’Kane. “Recognition shows that Celebration Pediatrics has the tools, systems and resources to provide its patients with the right care, at the right time.”
What is NCQA?
NCQA is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to improving health care quality.
- • NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations and manages the evolution of HEDIS®, the performance measurement tool used by more than 90 percent of the nation’s health plans.
- • NCQA’s website contains information to help consumers, employers and others make more informed health care choices.
• NCQA is governed by a Board of Directors that includes employers, consumers, health plans, quality experts, and representatives from organized medicine.
- • NCQA’s Web site (ncqa.org) contains information to help consumers, employers and others make more informed health care choices.
• NCQA’s mission is to improve the quality of health care.
What is the NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home?
The NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home program reflects the input of the American College of Physicians (ACP), American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) and American Osteopathic Association (AOA) and others.
• It was developed to assess whether clinician practices are functioning as medical homes and recognize them for these efforts.
• The NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home standards emphasize the use of systematic, patient-centered, coordinated care that supports access, communication and patient involvement.