Schools & Sports Physicals
A proper checkup is important to evaluate any issues your growing child may be dealing with.
A back to school physical can touch on whether a child’s vision is developing properly and address any other physical development issues that are important to a growing child.
A sports physical to make sure your athlete is okay to play is the first step in getting ready for the big game.
School & Sports Physicals
For children heading back to school, a proper checkup is important to evaluate any issues your growing child may be dealing with. For example, a back to school physical can touch on whether a child’s vision is developing properly and address any other physical development issues that are important to a growing child. Back to school physical exams will vary based on the child’s age, but typically the provider will:
Record your child’s height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, and BMI
- Check your child’s heart, lungs, lymph nodes, abdomen, skin, eyes, ears, nose, and throat
- Evaluate your child’s vision, joints, muscles, and spine
- Discuss the medical history of your child and your family
WHAT TO BRING
You should bring your child’s immunization records and a list of any medications your child takes, including prescription medications and over-the-counter medicines.
When coming in for immunizations, please call ahead to ensure we have the vaccination your child needs. Be sure to bring a current copy of your child’s immunization record with you.
With more than 46 million kids participating in sports each year, making sure your athlete is okay to play is the first step in getting ready for the big game.
FUN FACT: Did you know that 62 percent of all organized sports-related injuries happen during practices rather than games? Football, basketball, and soccer were found to be the top three sports where injuries occur in this manner.
- Vitals Check: We will check your child’s pulse and blood pressure to ensure proper vitals. We will also document his or her weight and height, since growth spurts and weight changes can place added stress on joints, muscles, and bones.
- Vision Exam: An eye exam checks for proper vision and evaluates whether your child needs prescription lenses or if his or her current prescription needs to be adjusted.
- Fitness Assessment: We will examine your child’s heart, lungs, abdomen, ears, nose, and throat. We’ll check his or her cardiovascular system and recommend any limitations on physical activity.
- Joints and Flexibility Check: By testing your child’s strength, flexibility, posture, and joints, we can identify any areas that may be prone to injury as well as suggest potential exercises and tips to help build a healthier body.
To schedule your back to school or sports physical, please call us at 866-595-5113!
What clients are saying ...
We recently moved so now it takes us up to 45 minutes to get there when it used to take us 15 minutes but we’ll never change doctors.
The office is always clean and the staff is super nice, highly recommended
My family loves Dr. Anwer, he is a remarkable doctor. You can tell he is very passionate about his career and genuinely loves his patients which is so important. He doesn’t treat my kids like just another patient but instead takes his time to ask questions and really understand our concerns.
I really could not recommend this office and Doctor enough!
There was no wait time and super super friendly!!! I am so happy they took great care of us. Dr. C is Amazing too!! Super great listener and. Wonderful dr.
Although we are new there she seemed like she knew and understood very well my sons asthma conditions!! Thanks everyone!!! Lots of love for you all!❤️❤️❤️ Sincerely, Happy Mommy 😃😃😃💯💯💯💯
Our daughter said for the first time that she loved going to the doctor and that the doctor was very funny and kind to her, and like a parents made us feel safe, she explained everything to us, the treatment towards us was wonderful, recommended a thousand percent,
Dr. Toma is wonderful. Amazing ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I have found that the doctors at this location are intelligent and educated in a wide realm of topics which makes the experience much richer, especially when it is your first child!
Quick to get patients a visit when needed and we usually don’t wait more than 5-10 min to be seen.
The staff was so helpful in making sure that the needed records for our girls were obtained from our prior provider. Our girls also loved the visit with NP Janil.
Would highly recommend this office.
She was patient, sweet, and very knowledgeable!
We left our appointment feeling very secure and with the practice that we chose!
If this is an EMERGENCY, please call 911!
Please note: email & website contact form correspondence is for non-medical communication only.
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Rayyan M. Anwer, MD, FAAP
We accept most Health Insurance Plans.