New Years Goals
By Nina Cavalli, MD, FAAP
The new year has been here for a month. How are you doing on your resolutions?
It is now time to look at how you are taking care of your family.
Here are some tips from the American Academy of Pediatrics to consider in the next year:
- Get everyone up to date on recommended immunizations. Vaccines protect your children from various preventable diseases. Please make sure your children and you are up to date.
- Build healthy digital habits. What are you children watching on TV and playing on video games/tablet? Research age-appropriate media and make a family plan of how much and when screen time is allowed. Watch and play together, screen time should not always be alone time.
- Read together. Set time to read together every day. Reading has many brain boosting benefits. This can become part of the bedtime routine for many. Another option is audio books, this can be played while commuting to and from school or activities, or just when waiting in line at a drive thru.
- Get outside. Living in Florida we have good weather most of the year. Spending time outside can be a great mood booster. Outside activities help families get needed daily physical activity, may help with sleep and relieves the eyes from screen time, not to mention vitamin D.
- Car seats and seatbelts for all. Make sure your child is in the appropriate car restraint for age, weight and height.
- Cook as a family. Make it fun, schedule a day or special time to try new receipt – experiment. This is a way to keep the children interested in food and eating healthy. Even picky eaters may become more interested in a variety of food and trying new things. Maybe even have kids help with the shopping.
- Make a family disaster kit. Living in Florida we are very aware of hurricanes and the disasters they bring to our community. Being ready is a way to be less afraid. Ask your children what they would want to include in their disaster kit and have them help assemble the kit with you. Show them where you keep it and always have a plan in place in case a disaster hits.
- Mind mental health and practice self-care. Make sure you and your family gets proper rest and adequate sleep. Caring for ourselves affects how we care for others in our family. Don’t forget about mental health. Anxiety and depression are on the rise so consult your doctor if you are experiencing any change in your mood.
Adapted from Healthychildren.org
Insurance Changed in the New Year? No Problem.
With the recent changes in insurance policies, it may be confusing to know what is covered and what is not. That’s why we work with a variety of insurance providers to ensure that our patients get the care they need without any surprises.
Our team will work with you to determine what services are covered under your plan and make any necessary adjustments to provide you with the best possible care.
Don’t let insurance changes keep you from taking care of your health. Contact us at 407-566-9700.
Meet & Greet - February 20th, at 5:30 pm
Join Us for Our Monthly Meet & Greet with Dr. Bob on February 20th, 2024, at 5:30 PM
We invite new prospective patients to attend our free monthly Meet & Greet events to meet our providers and discover more about our patient-centered medical home. Secure your spot now by calling our office at 407-566-9700.
Same Day Sick Appointments
As the cold and flu season continues, we understand the urgency of your child’s health.
That’s why we offer same-daysick appointments at Celebration Pediatrics.
To schedule an appointment, call us at 877.595-5113.
Click here to download a PDF Copy of the February 2024 Celebration of Wellness Newsletter.
What clients are saying ...
We recently moved so now it takes us up to 45 minutes to get there when it used to take us 15 minutes but we’ll never change doctors.
The office is always clean and the staff is super nice, highly recommended
My family loves Dr. Anwer, he is a remarkable doctor. You can tell he is very passionate about his career and genuinely loves his patients which is so important. He doesn’t treat my kids like just another patient but instead takes his time to ask questions and really understand our concerns.
I really could not recommend this office and Doctor enough!
There was no wait time and super super friendly!!! I am so happy they took great care of us. Dr. C is Amazing too!! Super great listener and. Wonderful dr.
Although we are new there she seemed like she knew and understood very well my sons asthma conditions!! Thanks everyone!!! Lots of love for you all!❤️❤️❤️ Sincerely, Happy Mommy 😃😃😃💯💯💯💯
Our daughter said for the first time that she loved going to the doctor and that the doctor was very funny and kind to her, and like a parents made us feel safe, she explained everything to us, the treatment towards us was wonderful, recommended a thousand percent,
Dr. Toma is wonderful. Amazing ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I have found that the doctors at this location are intelligent and educated in a wide realm of topics which makes the experience much richer, especially when it is your first child!
Quick to get patients a visit when needed and we usually don’t wait more than 5-10 min to be seen.
The staff was so helpful in making sure that the needed records for our girls were obtained from our prior provider. Our girls also loved the visit with NP Janil.
Would highly recommend this office.
She was patient, sweet, and very knowledgeable!
We left our appointment feeling very secure and with the practice that we chose!
If this is an EMERGENCY, please call 911!
Please note: email & website contact form correspondence is for non-medical communication only.
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
We accept most Health Insurance Plans.