By definition, self-esteem is the way in which an individual perceives herself-in other words, her own thoughts and feelings about herself and her ability to achieve in ways that are important to her.
This self-esteem is shaped not only by a child’s own perceptions and expectations, but also by the perceptions and expectations of significant people in her life-how she is thought of and treated by parents, teachers and friends. For healthy self-esteem, children need to develop or acquire some or all of the following characteristics:
- A sense of security. Your child must feel secure about herself and her future.
- A sense of belonging. Your youngster needs to feel accepted and loved by others, beginning with the family and then extending to groups such as friends, schoolmates, sports teams, a church or temple and even a neighborhood or community.
- A sense of purpose. Your child should have goals that give her purpose and direction and an avenue for channeling her energy toward achievement and self-expression.
- A sense of responsibility. Give your child a chance to show what she is capable of doing. Allow her to take on tasks without being checked on all the time. This shows trust on your part, a sort of “letting go” with a sense of faith.
- A sense of accepting mistakes and failure. Your child needs to feel comfortable, not defeated, when she makes mistakes or fails. Explain that these hurdles or setbacks are a normal part of living and learning, and that she can learn or benefit from them.
For the full article and additional tips on helping your child develop a healthy sense of self-esteem, CLICK HERE.
What clients are saying ...
We recently moved so now it takes us up to 45 minutes to get there when it used to take us 15 minutes but we’ll never change doctors.
The office is always clean and the staff is super nice, highly recommended
My family loves Dr. Anwer, he is a remarkable doctor. You can tell he is very passionate about his career and genuinely loves his patients which is so important. He doesn’t treat my kids like just another patient but instead takes his time to ask questions and really understand our concerns.
I really could not recommend this office and Doctor enough!
There was no wait time and super super friendly!!! I am so happy they took great care of us. Dr. C is Amazing too!! Super great listener and. Wonderful dr.
Although we are new there she seemed like she knew and understood very well my sons asthma conditions!! Thanks everyone!!! Lots of love for you all!❤️❤️❤️ Sincerely, Happy Mommy 😃😃😃💯💯💯💯
Our daughter said for the first time that she loved going to the doctor and that the doctor was very funny and kind to her, and like a parents made us feel safe, she explained everything to us, the treatment towards us was wonderful, recommended a thousand percent,
Dr. Toma is wonderful. Amazing ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
I have found that the doctors at this location are intelligent and educated in a wide realm of topics which makes the experience much richer, especially when it is your first child!
Quick to get patients a visit when needed and we usually don’t wait more than 5-10 min to be seen.
The staff was so helpful in making sure that the needed records for our girls were obtained from our prior provider. Our girls also loved the visit with NP Janil.
Would highly recommend this office.
She was patient, sweet, and very knowledgeable!
We left our appointment feeling very secure and with the practice that we chose!
If this is an EMERGENCY, please call 911!
Please note: email & website contact form correspondence is for non-medical communication only.
Office Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
We accept most Health Insurance Plans.